Back ♥ Home = happy place (physically & mentally)
Bridges = help us get there
Tired of the same ol’ Pumpkin Pie… Looking to make something delicious and different this year…???
O. M. G.. I did it!!!
Just in time for Thanksgiving dinner… I created a recipe for a Guilt Free Pumpkin Cheesecake that tastes AMAZING and it’s sooooo easy to make!!!!
Cheesecake is probably one of my very favorite desserts! My love affair with cheesecake started back in the late 60’s when I was just a kid. My mom used to make a gram-cracker crust cheesecake smothered with Comstock canned cherries on top. But, back then I wasn’t concerned with calories, sugar or fat content, like I am nowadays.
Even though I LOVE cheesecake, there are three reasons I’ve never tried to make one.
1. I’ve never used or owned a spring-form pan.
2. I thought cheesecake was hard to make.
3. They’re full of calories, fat and sugar… And I’d probably eat the whole thing!!
Now, thanks to a little determination to find a healthy option, I’ve created my own recipe.
Just follow the easy directions below and Bon Appetit!!!
Guilt Free, Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Spray 2 pans with Pam. I used one 8×8 square (and had enough filling left over for a loaf pan too)
Low Fat Honey Maid Honey Graham Crackers
3 (8oz) packages Greek Low-fat cream cheese
1 (15oz) can pureed pumpkin
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 cup Splenda
scant 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash nutmeg, ground cloves, all spice, pumpkin pie spice (use amounts and types of spice to your preference)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cap-full extract (I use almond, can also use vanilla)
- Line bottom of pan with a single layer of graham crackers. You may need to carefully break them to cover the entire bottom.
(A traditional graham cracker crust adds unnecessary butter, and sugar)
- In a large bowl, beat Greek cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, sour cream Splenda, spices, flour and extract. Beat together until creamy.
- Pour over crust. Spread out evenly with rubber scraper.
Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours.
- It is so delicious, dense, rich and creamy you can serve it plain or add a dollop of fat free/ sugar free Cool Whip on top!! Enjoy…
Let us know how yours turned out… Leave a comment below.